About Me

My photo
Zama, Japan
Thought I would try this out. Mommy, daughter, sister, wife, friend, cousin.

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Bah HumBUG!! ;)

So I am FINALLY starting to feel a little better. I still have a cough and a bit of a sore throat but it is better than it was. I think I will go back to work tomorrow. I mean, I probably should stay home but I do feel bad for my co-workers. They are stuck doing extra work because I am gone. And I know how much that sucks, so out of commitment to my friends at work, I am going back tomorrow. Today I did feel well enough to wrap some Christmas presents, clean our closet under the stairs and do some laundry. Oh, and I even cooked dinner, so at least today wasn't a "lost" day.
I've gotten pretty stoked that Christmas is almost here. Not for me but for the kids. I have gotten to the point in my life that there isn't much I need or want. And when I do want something, I usually just buy it. So really, presents are not something I look forward to. Actually, I usually dread getting presents from my husband. He only gets me something good if I specifically tell him what I want. You'd think after 12 1/2 years of marriage he would know how to shop for me but....obviously so not the case. :) Oh, I lied, he did have an oil painting of the church we were married in commissioned for me one Christmas. That was the absolute BEST present in the world. It is my favorite of all our oil paintings. I will try and post a picture. (Oh, the artist painted it the way it looked in the old days but it is still awesome. And oddly enough, my parents house is in the bottom left cornor, which was a total coincidence that the artist chose to do it from the angle he did.)

No comments: