About Me

My photo
Zama, Japan
Thought I would try this out. Mommy, daughter, sister, wife, friend, cousin.

Friday, November 28, 2008

Turkey Day Trimmings

Thanksgiving went off pretty smoothly. I had an epiphany while roasting my turkey. I decided to turn the whole thing over 1/2 way through so that the top was sitting in the juices. Then towards the end I flipped it back again to make sure the skin on top was nice and roasted. It worked out beautifully. The turkey was so moist. I mean, I have never had turkey that moist. I was so proud of my idea. :) We had 6 guests over (plus the 4 of us) so it was a small gathering but there was a lot of laughter and a ton of food. The Japanese women I work with enjoyed it all and took quite a bit home later. That night Donnie and I decorated the rest of the front of the house. We put up our big, inflatable snowman snow globe. It looked awesome. Then we snuggled up inside to watch some tv and have some family time. I have so much to be thankful for.

No comments: