About Me

My photo
Zama, Japan
Thought I would try this out. Mommy, daughter, sister, wife, friend, cousin.

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Sales and shopping are a beautiful thing!!!

Today is a beautiful day here in Japan. We are actually comfortable outside in short sleeves. The sun is shining and it doesn't feel like Thanksgiving is just around the corner. It has been cold but it seems to keep throwing us a beautiful, warm day now and then. So, now Donnie is outside hanging Christmas lights and the kids are down the street at the park. I have the house to myself so I thought I would take a few minutes to type a few words. Earlier we decided to take a ride to Atsugi Naval Base to look for a few Thanksgiving decorations since we are having quite a few people over for Thanksgiving dinner. Well, they had some leftover Halloween stuff for 75% off so we decided to take a look. We got these cool flame lights for only 50 cents a box. Then we also bought some Thanksgiving table toppers, a couple of candle holders and a banner. They were also marked 75% off...I guess they don't know the difference from Halloween and Thanksgiving!! :) Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I got the 2 packs of lights, 4 table toppers, 2 candle holders and a banner for $9.98!! You can't beat that!!

1 comment:

The meanderings of a history hound said...

Ahhh. Atsugi.

I went to part of Kindergarten, First and part of Second grade there at Shirley Lanham Elemtary School.

It 14 degrees outside. The dogs have been throwing their coats in my lap to dress them.