About Me

My photo
Zama, Japan
Thought I would try this out. Mommy, daughter, sister, wife, friend, cousin.

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

My son had his first fight

My son is not a violent person. From the time he was a baby, he would give up his toys to other kids if they cried for them. He is sweet by nature. He is also very sensitive. Since we have been in Japan he has been teased by a couple of kids at school. He does have friends but it is still hard when you are teased. Well, I think everyone has a point where enough is enough. He was getting teased in class today so he punched the other kid. He was sent to the principal and had to call his father. My husband explained that he is not to hit and then told the principal that Jacob has been teased a lot since we arrived. One thing I love about this principal is that she doesn't put up with any BS. She told Jacob he has permission to leave his classes at any time if there is a problem with kids teasing him. I have a feeling that people are going to think twice about teasing him anymore. He is not a small boy and he showed Donnie how hard he punched the kid. Donnie said it hurt so I am sure the other boy felt it. Especially since Jacob hit him in anger. I hate to advocate violence but I am glad that my son stuck up for himself. I hate thinking of kids being mean to him. We all know how mean kids can be. Maybe now the meanies will think twice about doing it to my baby!!!

No comments: