About Me

My photo
Zama, Japan
Thought I would try this out. Mommy, daughter, sister, wife, friend, cousin.

Sunday, May 31, 2009

I love the Bazaar!!!

Most of you know my love for antiques and good wooden furniture. I guess I get that from my parents. They always brought in old pieces that either my dad would refinish or have refurbished by a professional. My parents have a house filled with beautiful antiques. Whenever I have the opportunity to add unique pieces to my house I jump at the chance. Since I have been in Japan I have bought a few new pieces of Rosewood furniture that I love but I have also found an old antique tea cabinet. All pieces were found at the bazaar. Well I have now added 2 great new pieces. This antique vanity cabinet that you are supposed to sit at Japanese style while you put on your make up. So Geisha like. I was already looking for a full length mirror so it was perfect when I saw it. I also found some Geisha dress shoes and dress purse. It seemed like a perfect addition to the cabinet.

The next piece I found was this great Rosewood cabinet. It was on sale and it was too good of a bargain to pass up. Donnie saw it and when he showed me we both knew we were going to buy it. This is a picture of it we took in our hallway when we first got it home.

1 comment:

lisavengesta said...

pretty! i like the top one a lot :)